Monday 21 September 2009

BEST OF BRITISH...


No more of those Arcade machines where you can win up to 8 pennies if you are lucky or will we be able to tell people we are away to spend a penny. Why, well read on....

They are doing away with the 1p. Thats right we will no longer be able to collect these useless pieces of metal in huge jars. I have a hate hate relationship with these little blighters. They get everywhere. If you pay for something, and say the item is 4.99 you are never sure whether to walk away or wait until you are given the 1p change. I have had so many embarrassing encounters because of this.
So not only are we waving goodbye to this great British institution but also Pound Notes, School Milk, Slapping Children, Public Brest feeding and making Gay jibes. I blame Europe. Why don't we just call ourselves NewEurope? If I had my way all UK Airports would carry a If its wasn't for us you would be speaking German welcome mat for our European cousins. Every hour the Red Arrows would fly spelling out the words DONT FORGET YOU ARE NOT SPEAKING GERMAN BECAUSE OF US behind them.

2 comments:

  1. where have all the pennies gone,gone to heaven everyone, when will we ever learn, when will we ever learn.The government is probably making nuclear weapons out of them as we speak. I remember pennies as big a dinner plates, you could buy a fish supper with 2 pf them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 of them and a ration book!
    I remember you were able to buy a 20p chip. Now a decent chip costs you over 2 of your English pounds. Scandalous I say!

    ReplyDelete