Sunday 4 October 2009

LISBON SOUNDS LIKE BON BON


So Ireland or to exact as we are denied a referendum, Southern Ireland voted Yes to The Lisbon Treaty. The No camp failed in its attempt to scare the undecided voters into voting No. Their tactics were similar to putting on a scary mask and making a child eat an apple. Apparently they wanted you to believe that Europe would reduce the minimum wage to 2 euro and introduce forced subscription into a European Army. The truth is these people are afraid of one thing. Handing over their sovereignty to a 27 state europe. Sure who wants countries like Poland having a say in our afairs? Yeah they only fought for Britain during the war, were instrumental in winning the Italian campaign and put the first nail in the communist coffin in Europe. The fact that the allies handed the country over to a bullying Russia without a second glance is not that important.
Sinn Fein were against the treaty. They say handing over a coutries sovereignty in a vote is against their principles. This is the same party that is Marxist in aspirations and qute fond of the odd bit of vote rigging.
If Yes means more jobs, a more streamlined Europe, a powerfull coalition of democratic countries capable of holding its own against an nuclear America, then I'm all for it. Don't listen to the conservative loonies who cry about national identity, brown sauce and losing the Quenns head on coins. Who cares? How many people speak more than one language? How many people enjoy seeing other cultures and countries? Lets learn from each other. Norway and France have alot to teach us and we like seeing them posing topless on beaches.
I'm a eurpean and proud of it.

2 comments:

  1. Will darling, I am as American as apple pie, and I agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will, I hope you will come back to your blog and get this message, sometime. I honestly didn't mean to hurt or offend you by my comments made on twitter, bad joke gone wrong. I think the world of you and have from the very start, of what 6 months or so? Please stay on twitter and continue to bait your celebs, I actually thought it was kind of sweet.I wish you only good things my friend. I hate that I hurt you. Please forgive me. I am obviously not as intelligent or funny as you thought. Bye sweetie. Debs x

    ReplyDelete