Wednesday 9 September 2009

FOOT AND BALL


Good night for England who won 5-1 against Croatia. They were superb and looked far superior to the visitors. Now that England have qualified for the WC the hype machine will be turned up to maximum. Get ready for the inevitable let down in South Africa.
N Ireland lost 2-0 to Slovakia. Their dreams of qualifying are all but over. Still they were a little bit unlucky. It was nice to see the crowd cheering the boys on even when Celtic player Niall Mc Ginn came on. Jackie Fullerton described the second goal as like having acid thrown to the face. His words. Now I love football but I am pretty sure acid attack survivors do not go around comparing their ordeals to conceding a second goal in a world cup qualifier.
Scotland and Wales both lost. Shortly afterwards some bears had a shit in the woods. So there you have it.
Tomorrow we go for lunch. I had a nice day walking about Belfast listening to my Aunt and Uncle reminisce about their childhoods. I seen the street where my Dad was born. It is now on the corner of a gay bar.

6 comments:

  1. Glad you had agood day with your Auntie and Uncle. Will, which Gay Bar are you referring to? Mynt? (used to be the Parliment), Kremlin, Union Street, or Dhu Barry's (used to be an establishment which hosted the procurment of services provided by a Lady you could pay on a min/min rather than an hourly rate)? Enjoy Lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was Mynt which was to be the Kremlin I believe. How's things. Did you enjoy Portadown?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mynt? across the road from Centenary House one of the homeless hostels I go to. I believe the whole area was rich in history. Saw a programme about it a while ago 'from Carlisle Circus to Docks'. I'm sure your Dad has good stories. Portadown was good. Ate too much n heard again how much In-Laws wanted Darren to marry Sam (previous friend Not even a girl friend! but obvs no children n baggage.)Was in the Parliament (now Mynt) years ago when I was in York Street Art College. never been to Mynt. I wakened @ 3am last night not feeling well and found your blog a friendly place to go. Thank You. Debs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your welcome. Good to see you back on twitter. Have the rels up from Tip so will be entertaining the kids tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im sure you will all enjoy that! Bestest Uncle Will :)
    Ben my son is coming home just for 1 night but always welcome YeaH!! and maybe we are going to check out our local lighthouse. It is World Heritage Day and all sorts of historic places not usually accessible will be open today. Tommorrow the Black Market, part of Black Box in Hill Street. have You a good time, chat later. Debs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Will, way to go for being supportive to my attempts at doing something like this. I dont think this blog is shite. I think its good. I think having somewhere special to be yourself and express your thoughts is a good, good thing. It is all new to me anyway. So there you have it our first real fight on twitter. Ironic.

    ReplyDelete