Sunday 13 September 2009

WHERE WAS I?


I can't believe it's been a week since my last blog entry. You might think it's been because I have been so busy doing other things, but the truth is I was jut too lazy.
I'm not going to do a lengthy news round up because nothing has struck me as been news worthy. There were a few things that caught my eye and so allow me to waffle about them briefly.

Anniversary of 9 11.
Everyone knows where they were when the Twin Towers was attacked by two passenger jets. Of coarse I remember where I was, I was planning to fly a paper aeroplane into the Eiffel tower. I vividly remember watching the second tower burning but still erect and thinking..shit I missed the first one, typical. Anyway I immediately emailed my cousin in NY and asked after my cousin Anthony who is in the NYPD. Thank God he was munching on his donuts at the time, those donuts probably saved his life, that and the fact he was off duty at the time.
In the next few days the media was full of conspiracy theories, stinging attacks on the secret service's ineptitude. Quite rightly people wanted answers. George Bush immediately blamed Bin Laden who helpfully claimed responsibility. I was working as a security guard at the time and when my employers who were a S Korean company held a minute silence my partner talked and laughed the whole way through it. It really annoyed me as he was a former military man himself but to be honest not a very intelligent human being so looking back his behaviour was quite predictable.
I held the view at the time that America had brought it on itself with its partisan pro Israeli attitude. They were already making plans to invade Afghanistan.
So here were are years laer with no one held accountable and most Americans still thirsting for blood. With thousands of Afghan civilians slaughtered on their own streets since, I think an eye for an eye has been well and truly proven.

Adebemore scored for Man City against his old club Arsenal in a 4-2 win. He tarnished this feat by running the entire length of the pitch to celebrate in front of the Arsenal fans. This proved two things. One he was unprofessional and two he was extremely pleased. It later lead to recriminations from Arsenal fans and support from his own fans. I remain unmoved by it because I am just pleased he has left the club and the manager who found him and turned him into a millionaire. He epitomises everything that is wrong about football today. These multi millionaire playboys with their non existent education think that they are above normal moral expectations. Ade prostituted himself to everyone who would listen last season, when they would not meet his demands he returned to the club declaring his undying loyalty and denied ever wanting to leave. Obviously the fans were reluctant to forgive him and they turned on him, his form suffered and inevitably he was sold. He said that he was glad to be at a club that wanted him and his only reason for leaving was he was not being appreciated. Nothing to do with his 50,000 pound raise in wages. Good riddance and the I hope someone shoots his mothers elephant.

That's pretty much it. Hope something exciting happens next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment