Sunday 6 September 2009

SUNDAY NEWS ROUND UP



Sunday news round up.

NOTW

Fifa scupper Ribery's move to Chelsea. They really are starting to ruin everything. Last night they totally cock blocked me when I was about to score with some large besomed woman. They also didn't leave my lotto in on time.

David Beckham dreams of captaining the British Olympic team in 2012. Does this guy think he is some sort of super human robot? He does absolutely nothing to justify his enormous ego or pay packet and yet believes he can still play when he is 37. Whats he gonna do, take trow ins and then sit down on a chair next to the pitch?

MIRROR A behind the scenes look at Jacko's sex house. How they jumped to this conclusion is any ones guess. Did he leave a fitness DVD in the machine?
Richard Madely's daughter reveals that her dad called her a "fucking idiot" after being caught drunk driving. That's exactly what Judy called Richard when he was caught tea leafing.

The Times

Stephen Fry is not a genius. He is actually quite boring. What an exclusive.

The Times magazine is devoted to the greatest band ever. The Beatles
I was never into them until I came home from University and the great thing about coming to them late was that I could make up my own mind about them. I always liked George the best. To have wrote the songs he did while being alone next to the most competent writing partnership of the day in Lennon and McCartney is no mean feat.
The times magazine claims to have unrestricted access to the Pickford removal box which contains previously unheard interviews given by John Lennon. In the tapes Lennon is quite complimentary towards Paul and his writing abilities. 40 years of vitriolic quotes will now be put to bed I would imagine.
On The Beatles demise Lennon said this:
“The whole thing died in my mind long before all the rumpus started. We used to believe the Beatles myth just as much as the public, and we were in love with them in just the same way. But basically we were four individuals who eventually recovered our own individuality's after being submerged in a myth".
“Actually, our best days were before we got that big, when we used to play for hours in clubs.”
Sometimes I wonder what the world might have made of a Beatles reunion. As I was too young to remember them or Lennon's death, to me it doesn't really matter. I'm just glad I got to hear what they did give us.

Independent, Ireland

Columnist has a go at the people of Ennis co. Claire for welcoming Ali. He is dubious about Ali's reasons for visiting. Money probably but who knows perhaps he really is curious about where his Great Grandfather came from.
The Irish in America have always been very intolerant of fellow immigrants and history has witnessed their racist views on more than one occasion. In Boston during the 50's they called for "niggers to eat shit" when black parents brought their children to school. We are a very racist country. You naturally fear what you don't understand. I hope the next generations will be more tolerant.

No comments:

Post a Comment