Thursday 27 August 2009

G Force Farce


Took my Niece and Nephew to see the new animated feature G Force. We didn't watch the 3d version just the ordinary run of the mill 2d version, which is less believable of coarse.
I have to say we missed the first 20 minutes but not withstanding that there was not a dull moment in the film. This is important especially if you are watching it with a 4 year old boy. I know that sounds wrong. I just want to point out I don't condone grown men watching films with 4 year old boys for the sake of it. You can watch the film on your own. Anyway, the humor was such that it didn't go over the heads of the children and there was enough to keep adults enthused. It is a little over the top on the sentimentality which is no surprise as Disney make this. I'm surprised Disney haven't released a cat and mouse type song and dance extravaganza cartoon based on The Jewish Holocaust. Still, film was entertaining and I give it 3/5. Not that you should care.
Afterwards we walked to a taxi rank where I had to ring a taxi because the children were so tired. That was 1/4 of a mile without junk food or TV so it must have been hard for them. You know when you are getting old when you find yourself telling your Nephew that you climbed a mountain at his age. Then you have to describe what a mountain is and that no it is not made of potato.
Later me and my nephew would watch 2 hrs of Swaze, Bacon, Travolta and MJ dance videos. I should burn his football top. But it did make me wonder: Who would win in a dance off between the two. The winner would get the chance to get his arse kicked by Tommy Gavin of Rescue me.
As true stories go this was one of the best I've seen. On a slightly similar note, I noticed a film called Cop Dog went straight to DVD today. I would totally have gone to see something like that. Ofcoarse if it was a Northern Ireland Police Dog it would have featured the dog going around muttering sectarian slurs under their breath and NOT solving any of the hundreds of open murder cases.

No comments:

Post a Comment