Saturday 29 August 2009

Let the diving commence


They really should call for a diving amnesty before the big kick off between old enemies Arsenal vrs Man Utd. This traditionally is the biggest game of the season for both clubs and supporters. Its a hard one to call. Every now and again Utd deliver an almighty spanking to Arsenal. I remember some very harsh lessons meted out in the past. For Arsenal the news is not great. We are still bedding in a centre back who for all his assured performances this season so far, it will be the sternest test that he faces today.
Team new is thus: Aresnal are without influential midfielder Fabregas as well as Nasri, Walcot, Rosicky and Djourou. Man utd field a side that is capable of winning against any team in the world except the Escape to victory cast or the Brazilian world cup team of the 70's. They welcome back Carrick and Anderson. I don't think they will be as dangerous without Ronaldo and I can see Rooney running the show. I do fear them but not because they are better than us but because they always get the luck.
If we win this one and draw against Man City it will be a fantastic start to the season. Diaby is the one to watch and it will be the first time Arshavin will be pitted against one of the dirtiest defence sides in the Premiership.
On a final note, the whole Eduardo diving affair has reached maniacal proportions. Predictable Uefa have got involved with Platini sticking his french horn in. I said after and during the game that it was a dive. However lets not make Eduardo a scape goat for a practice that goes on in every club, every week. Divers are ridiculed and deserve to be but the hypocrisy shown by the British press is unbelievable. As long as the diver is foreign that's bad but if he is one of ours then he must be given benefit of the doubt. I give you as evidence 2004 Wayne Rooney dives in the Arsenal penalty box to end Arsenals 49 unbeaten run. I still remember the Utd fans goading me in a local pub singing "stick ur 50 up yer arse!". Titty Filarious word play aside, they forgot that we had gone the whole season before unbeaten. A feat unmatched and unlikely to be. Comical Wenger has never looked more Christ like.
Anyway my heart says Arsenal will get a 2-2 draw out of this one. My head and the voices inside it say Utd will fluke a narrow win.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that the fuss about eduardo is OTT, but the line does need to be drawn now. as a Utd fan, I was never happy at Ronaldos diving, but he did cut it out (mostly). I always thought arsenal had the luck (like last season in the first league match. I'd take 2-2 though.

    [scams]

    ReplyDelete